Monday 8 June 2015

Inspiration

So, I have always had a love of movies and television- since I was a kid. Several of these shows have given me hope and inspiration so I thought I would share them.

Gilmore Girls- not only is Lorelai a tremendous single mom with a quick wit, rockin' style and an independence and strength that is quite familiar to me. Luke Danes and Dean have always been examples of the type of man I would want my kids to grow up with.

Practical Magic- the love that the main character tries to avoid and later finds is something I carry in my heart every day.

Serendipity- strangers meet and share an amazing night and an inexplicable connection, then reunite later after much life lived.....well, it had to get its inspiration from somewhere....

Say Anything- there is a quote in the movie that I have often told my young male students "don't be a guy. Anybody can be a guy. Be a man."

Parenthood- I have the best parents and extended family- and so does this show. They are making the divorce possible, they made buying my current house possible. I got married in their back yard. I am so excited to find someone ( like Joel) to eventually have big family events with- just like the Bravermans clan.

That's all for right now :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment