Sunday 12 July 2015

Or Maybe Not......

The thing about online dating is, there is always something more sparkly. This means, even when you find someone great that you have a connection with- there is always someone enticing trying to break through. It's nothing personal- at least I am trying to not take it personally. To be honest, I knew it wasn't the one but thought I could have fun with it......but I just don't think that's me. I don't want that really. I want the big L. So being ignored/rejected clears the field again. It's coming. I say "it's" because, though I wish deep deep down it could be Stu, I just can't let all my hope live there. All I can expect there is some closure so everything is clear for the big L, whoever it might be.

What bugs me most about online dating is the mid getting to know you blow off. You are messaging each other, things are going well.....then they stop returning messages. Why? Usually it's because of the shiny......they don't just come out and say it, because if the shiny fails- they still have you....right? Nope, not when I am involved. I don't want to be somebody's safety. I usually thank them for their time and send them on their way.

I refuse to be a place holder or a back up. On this one I dodged a bullet, he was looking for a hookup before he even asked my real name. He might have been cute, might of saved the environment and fought fires, but he is still just a hound dog in superhero clothing. There is a lot of shiny out there and he is unencumbered, good luck on the hunt. Just don't pretend. If you are a hound, be a hound- I don't judge you, I just don't want you. Stop wasting my time pretending to be a superhero just to see if I'm huntable, I am not. I don't want to be. I am not on the hunt, I am on a quest- while both are looking for something, mine is specific and focused. But thank you, the field is clear again.

No comments:

Post a Comment